Thomson PVR3 To Amstrad DXR895

Any other questions about the software?

Thomson PVR3 To Amstrad DXR895

Postby Blinkenlights » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi,

I currently have an old Thomson PVR3 box and have just received a brand new Amstrad DXR895. The Amstrad does not have the Darwin update.

My understanding is that I can copy over the recordings from the Thomson hard drive to the Amstrad hard drive. However, I am not sure if I should update the Amstrad to Darwin first? Can anyone say which is the best option?

1. Copy+ Thomson to Amstrad. Update to Darwin.
2. Update to Darwin. Copy+ Thomson to Amstrad.

Thanks.
Blinkenlights

Re: Thomson PVR3 To Amstrad DXR895

Postby frostygrass » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:24 pm

I have been trying to do exactly the same thing for a couple of days except my DRX890 already has Darwin. Based on my experisnce i would say definately have a go at copying before updating to Darwin.
I delete the partition on the DRX890 disk and the copy process works fine, including the conversion to big endian format. I can see all my recordings on the DRX890 disk with copy+ but the sky box itself does not see them, it says there are no recordings. I have tried copying the entire contents and also only selected recordings and running a rebuild but still no luck!
frostygrass

Re: Thomson PVR3 To Amstrad DXR895

Postby pcbbc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Yes, I do not believe it is possible to transfer from SD to HD once the HD box has Darwin.
The planner formats on the two platforms have now deviated too far from the once common shared format. :(
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support