Confused About Darwin

Any other questions about the software?

Confused About Darwin

Postby Monkeyman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi

I'm looking at upgrading my Samsung Sky HD box to a 1TB drive but I'm a bit confused about the issue with the new darwin software update.

Will all the Sky HD boxes be getting the darwin update, and if / when my samsung updates will I be able to copy my recordings to a bigger drive?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I've had a look through the forum and it seems at the moment it's just drives bigger than 1TB that are having issues (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for any help :D
Monkeyman

Re: Confused About Darwin

Postby pcbbc » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 am

Monkeyman wrote:Will all the Sky HD boxes be getting the darwin update
As far as I know, yes.
and if / when my samsung updates will I be able to copy my recordings to a bigger drive?
No - Copy+ is not compatible with the new Darwin recording formats.
Do the copy now, before you get Darwin, with Copy+ 1.2.0.8 or you will be out of luck.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I've had a look through the forum and it seems at the moment it's just drives bigger than 1TB that are having issues (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Version 1.2.0.8 of Copy+ fixed a major problem for drives OVER 1TB. These now only have problems with if:
1. The disk is over 1TB
AND
2. The destination box has NOT received Darwin yet
AND
3. The disk is NOT the supplied 1.5TB unit from a DRX895

However the Samsung boxes do not support drives over 1TB, so it's all rather immaterial. The only thing that matters is if you have Darwin (look for SYSF on the system details screen).
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Confused About Darwin

Postby Monkeyman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks pcbcc, that's cleared everything up for me. :D

Cheers
Monkeyman

Return to Copy+ General Support