Foxtel IQ2 - Freezing after upgrade

Any other questions about the software?

Foxtel IQ2 - Freezing after upgrade

Postby Gump » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I recently used Copy+ to upgrade the 320Gb HDD in the Foxtel IQ2 box ( a Pace I believe ). The Copy process worked fine however did give me an error Factory Reset but did the copy nonetheless.

I installed the drive which was a painless process and connected it back up. The box started as normal, turned off and then I turned it on. It showed the 'Searching for listings' banner and then froze.

This happened twice.

As a result, I replaced the original drive back into the IQ2, started and all ok. Recordings are there,settings are there, box working as normal.

Replacement drive was a 1TB Western Digital WD10EADS ( Green Caviar ).

Any thoughts?
Gump

Re: Foxtel IQ2 - Freezing after upgrade

Postby RobW » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 am

This also happened to me, and I have put the original drive back in and it seems to be working fine now.

When I open up the 1TB drive in Copy+ it shows it as a valid drive and seems to scan through the recordings, but it then doesn't show anything on-screen. When I open the copy+.log file, it shows all of the recordings and their details, but it looks lik Copy+ fails on every recording with the following message - "The recording directory is not valid".

When I open the drive in Windows Explorer however, it shows all of the recording directories and files as intact.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
RobW

Postby pcbbc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 pm

I'd need an image of the drive - See the tool in the FAQ section.
However, given the current issues with UK HD boxes it is going to be a long time before I get to look at this. Sorry.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby ozasis » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 am

Unfortunately I'm having this issue as well. Have reverted to the originalk HDD for the time being.
ozasis

Return to Copy+ General Support