Basics

Any other questions about the software?

Basics

Postby pauldtucker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Guys
Got a problem with my sky+ hd box with satelite signal not being received on some channels. Can sense an impending box failure and replacement and therefore looking to back up my box.
Have downloaded the software and looking to attach the sky+ box to laptop.
This might be a really basic question but can i do this through the usb connection on front of sky+ hd box? When I connect it my laptop doesn't recognise it.
Am I being really stupid?
Cheers
Paul
pauldtucker

Re: Basics

Postby paulthomas » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi,
Unfortunatly you have to take the drive out and connect it to the pc. A usb caddy is the easiest way, saving you opening up the pc.

Is your hd box a Thompson? There have been alot of issues with the capacitors on the power supply failing, giving rise to the faults you have. It may be worth getting the psu refurbished, if you're good with a soldering iron kits of capaitors are available on ebay very cheaply.
paulthomas

Re: Basics

Postby pcbbc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 am

paulthomas wrote:Is your hd box a Thompson? There have been alot of issues with the capacitors on the power supply failing, giving rise to the faults you have. It may be worth getting the psu refurbished, if you're good with a soldering iron kits of capaitors are available on ebay very cheaply.
Or much better the original kit available from SatCure (see the offers section of this forum for a £1 off voucher).
Then you can be sure of the quality of the components selected.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support