Copy+ does not rec.HDD

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ does not rec.HDD

Postby htiek » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

Long winded, sorry... since software upgrade to my Samsung the special SKYEYE I use to transcode Sky remote codes to Sky+ remote codes (two Sky + boxes in same room) stopped working.

By testing confirmed problem only on box with software upgrade, after 5 attempts managed a manual software download, but seemed to be older software.. SKYEYE working again.

Decided to move disk to spare Amastrad box to prevent possible recurrence ( different Endian). I have used Copy + often in the past with no problem, this time it does not recognise the Seagate Pipeline 500gb disc but it is seen in Disc Management as a FAT32. Tried reinstall in Sky box 50% of recording would not play.

I've got to the nity gritty.. how do I force the disc to be seen in Sky+Copy

Sorry if I bored you all
htiek

Re: Copy+ does not rec.HDD

Postby pcbbc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi,

Sorry you have had problems.

Is this Sky+HD we are talking about here? There are major issues with the new Sky "Darwin" software release which have made Copy+ incompatible with these boxes.
So if either your source or destination box is a HD box with the new software, you are out of luck. As you mention a Samsung box it seems you have HD? Sorry. :oops:

At the moment there is no possibility of a "quick fix" to Copy+, and indeed transferring between boxes may not even be possible any more.

Regards, Stuart.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Bluestraw » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 pm

htiek,

I had exactly the same issue on my Samsung HD box - the remote eye worked fine at first, but then just stopped working. Only a 'forced' software update cured it, and that indeed reverted to the 'old' software. Unfortunately the way the box stored data on the hard drive has changed quite significantly with the new software, and you'll find anything recorded 'recently' will no longer be available.
Bluestraw

Postby srk1407 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:23 am

Hiya.

Im looking to upgrade my Thomson this weekend to a 1tb HDD. I know the update is not out for the box yet, but do you think this will be affected? :?

Thanks.
srk1407

Postby pcbbc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:40 am

srk1407 wrote:Im looking to upgrade my Thomson this weekend to a 1tb HDD. I know the update is not out for the box yet, but do you think this will be affected? :?
I am sorry, I really have no idea at the moment.

My personal advice would be not to go ahead with any HD box upgrades until I fully understand what caused the issue for the 1.5TB disks, but if you ARE determined to upgrade then now is probably the time to do it.

i.e. Before you get the Darwin update, as after Copy+ isn't going to be work with post-Darwin upgrades. There seems to be quite a lot of work to do to make it compatible, at least it terms of reading the planner.
However of course, if there is a problem you risk losing all your recordings. And a Full System Reset probably won't get you full capacity - unless of course that changes under Darwin.

Having said that it appears the user upgraded 1TB drives the DRX890 which have received Darwin, are not affected. So one might assume* it would be okay once the Thomsons get the update as well.

*Assumption is always a very dangerous game.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support