Foxtel IQ - Original 160GB HDD

Any other questions about the software?

Foxtel IQ - Original 160GB HDD

Postby Downunder » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I have a Foxtel IQ (Pace TDC460NF) with 160GB HDD - it is an original version of the IQ. I have tried to copy from Foxtel IQ HDD to another 160GB HDD. When I start Copy+ it spends about 20 minutes scanning the Foxtel IQ HDD. Then when I select it as the Source Drive it spends another 20 odd minutes scanning it for recordings but no recordings actually are listed when it is finished scanning.

The Log File lists various error messages including 'Could not read drive (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error (1117))' - there's a whole stack of them and 'The recording directory is not valid!' after every recording.

I am trying to do the copy to a new HDD because the original has been showing symptoms that it is failing, so I am trying to save the recordings that are left on it. I would be grateful for any solutions that can be provided.
Downunder

Re: Foxtel IQ - Original 160GB HDD

Postby pcbbc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 am

Sounds like you disk is going offline during the reading process.
That could be because you have a faulty USB caddy or connection to the PC, or more likely (as you mention it) that the disk is failing.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Downunder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 am

Just a followup to my 1st post.

I tried Copy+ 1.2.0.5 & 1.2.0.7 and neither would show my recordings and each took a long time to scan my disk and scan for my recordings. I then tried 1.2.0.3 because I read somewhere in the forums that someone had managed to view their recordings with this version but not with the newer versions. This version scanned my disk in a couple of minutes and quickly listed all my recordings which I was able to copy to another disk.

I got a FAT Corruption or cluster cross-linking warning when I started to copy, so I guess this confirms that my disk is failing, but I selected to attempt recovery of the recordings and all my recordings were sucessfully copied across to another disk. I got another message at the end of the copy stating 'serious errors were detected on your source disk'.

I could no longer access the planner to view my recordings (I kept getting a message that the Foxtel IQ was powering up from Energy Saver Mode) from my original disk but I have now recovered all my recordings on to the new disk and there doesn't seem to be many errors in the recordings. I just want to say thanks for a tremendous piece of software because without it I would have lost all my recordings!
Downunder

Postby pcbbc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Glad you've been successful - But I'd be cautious.

These kind of errors can mean that the recordings on the source disk weren't where Copy+ expected them.
This in turn means that where it will have worked out where to put them on the new disk will also be incorrect, and hence at odds with where the Sky box thinks they are.

Although it can play them back successfully, new recordings will start to overwrite your copied ones because of these inconsistencies.

This is a SD IQ system right? As opposed to an HD IQ2?
Maybe the support I added for IQ2 in Release 1.2.0.4 Beta in July 2009 broke IQ1 support.
Or IQ1 may have been supported just because it looked sufficiently like a UK Sky+ system to work -still doesn't mean it is correct though. :oops:
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Downunder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

Yes it is an SD IQ. I got the Foxtel IQ when it first came out in Australia in 2005 - so not really surprising HDD has had it. Thanks for the warning about the new recordings possibly overwriting my old recordings. I will record my old programmes onto my DVD recorder just to be sure I think.
Downunder

Return to Copy+ General Support