Copy+ sees the drive but no programmes

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ sees the drive but no programmes

Postby gjmoe » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi All,
First up compliments on a great piece of software, I have used several times without probs.

Now the problem.
Last night my Amstrad DRX890 HD box started acting up freezing when trying to play anytime, and then randomly rebooting.
Checked all the cables etc, rebuilt the planner and have resigned myself to calling Sky morons to come and replace box (6 months old to the day).
So before that happens tried to backup with the latest beta of Copy+.
Note can still see recordings on hd box and seems will play them.

Connected up disk via usb adaptor cable as have done before. Ran software, scans for the drives and sees it.
Pick drive from source list and it scans it and no programmes come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have sky updated the firmware and the latest beta on the website no longer can read the drive?

Or is there an issue with my drive that some of the of util programmes on this forum can fix.

Would really like to keep some of my recordings. Doesn't seem to bother sky that doing a full system reset or replacing the box means you lose stuff you have paid them for.

Thanks in advance.
GJMOE.
gjmoe

Re: Copy+ sees the drive but no programmes

Postby paulthomas » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi, See my post below, it looks as thouigh sky have sent out a faulty update.

Try turning anytime off, do a planner rebuild and then see if its ok. It seems to have worked for me.
paulthomas

Re: Copy+ sees the drive but no programmes

Postby mattee6 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Dear all,

Have a similar problem, sky box had the anytime problem. The went into the famous samsung stuck in standby fault (first time ever!) Have taken drive out and like OP can't see recordings. I don't want to lose recordings but is there another way to fix this??
mattee6

Return to Copy+ General Support