Can't Watch any recordings

Any other questions about the software?

Can't Watch any recordings

Postby paulthomas » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 am

I used copyplus several months ago with my new amstrad 1TB box, and everything has been fine since. However tonight it all seems to have gone wrong...

We tried to start watching a program which was recording, but the program did not start. I think it just continued showing the previous program, but with the play wheel showing in the bottom left corner.
I waited for the recording to finish, but the record light was still on 15 mins later. I restarted the box, and tried the recorded program, but nothing happened.
A rebuild of the planner then hung. I then found that no recorded prgrams in the planner or anytime would play, and after if I changed channel, I got a blue screen and sound only from the previous channel. A restart is required to be able to change channel again. The box works fine then, until I try to play a recording. Live pause seems to work ok. The epg also populates fine, and I've tried reloading the firmware (applyed power while holding backup)
I originally suspected the disk was faulty, but now think it may be a corruption on the disk.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I don't really want to do the full system reset, but giess that is my next step?
paulthomas

Re: Can't Watch any recordings

Postby pcbbc » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 am

There seem to be a lot of problems at the moment. For example see this thread.
The solution for many has been to backup and restore with Copy+, possibly omitting some of the newer recordings from the box.
It may also be necessary to clear down the planner with the utility that is available from me on request.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby paulthomas » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

This sounds similar, but in my case I can access the recordings, they just won't play.

This morning the problem has changed...
I can now watch my recordings, but when I try to go into anytime the box crashes.

Is it worth turning anytime off (do anytime recordings then delete?) and trying a planner rebuild? If this fails, will a full system reset resolve the problem? I'm not sure I want to take the box apart again, its quite a job on the amstrad, although I have an idea which I'll post on a separate thread.
paulthomas

Postby pcbbc » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 am

These are all things worth trying.
Yes, a FSR will probably solve the problem (at least in the short term - if it is a Sky bug it could of course re-occur at any time). But of course you will lose all your recordings.
Also note that for drives over 500GB you will not get full capacity after a FSR unless it is an Amstrad DRX890/5.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby paulthomas » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:17 pm

I'll try turning of the anytime and wil lreport back. It is the 1TB (1.5TB) amstrad so I would get the full capacity, but would like to keep my recordings.

It did a similar thing a few weeks ago, but that was resolved by a reboot.
paulthomas

Postby buseng » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Looking at other forums, there is a major issue with anytime crashing boxes. It is something to to with a new software download & the new anytime+. I believe
Sky are aware of the issue.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... ?t=1354518

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... ?t=1342709

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-s ... d-box.html
buseng

Postby paulthomas » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Having switched anytime off, performed a planner rebuild and switching anytime back on, it seems to be working fine.
The only strange thing is, its recorded no anytime overnight.
paulthomas

Postby pcbbc » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm

paulthomas wrote:The only strange thing is, its recorded no anytime overnight.
Perhaps, given the scale of the problems recently - Sky have temporarily disabled it?
No evidence of this, just a wild guess on my part.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby buseng » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 am

pcbbc wrote:
paulthomas wrote:The only strange thing is, its recorded no anytime overnight.
Perhaps, given the scale of the problems recently - Sky have temporarily disabled it?
No evidence of this, just a wild guess on my part.

They have.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/troubl ... y-anytime/
buseng

Postby pcbbc » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am

buseng wrote:http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/troubleshooting/sky-box-freezes-when-using-sky-anytime/
Good spot. :D
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support