Unable to see Sky+ HD via Copy+

Any other questions about the software?

Unable to see Sky+ HD via Copy+

Postby hughsiepops » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi there

Can anyone suggest anything else to try ..

The hard disk in my Sky+ seems to be failing. When connected to the Sky+ box it will not play any programs that have already been recorded. It will not allow me to record any new programs either.

I removed the hard disk from the Sky+ box and connected it up to the PC using a USB caddie. The hard disk is recognised in Device Manager as "MaxtorA RES C64K USB Device"
In the Computer Management window I also see it. It appears as "Disk 3 Unknown. Not Initialised"
I do not see it appearing in Windows Explorer

When I launch Copy+ it does not appear in the Source Drive list, although when I click the Refresh button the window does pop up briefly to say that it is Scanning Drive X of 4 (I have 3 hard disks currently installed. C:\ Drive, E:\ Drive and a 1.5Tb Drive split into 3 other drive spaces) So copy+ is also seeing the Sky+ drive as it is recognising that there is a 4th physical hard drive attached - but still Copy+ does not list the drive in the Source Drive list.

To make sure the USB caddie wasn't at fault I connected an old hard drive into the Sky+ box, did a full system reset and successfully recorded some programs on it. I then removed the HD from the Sky+ box and connected the drive upto the PC and it is recognised by both the PC and Copy+. So this indicates to me that the USB caddie is working OK

Can anyone think of anything else to try with the original 'failing' drive.? Although it is being recognised by the PC and partially by Copy+ (During the process of scanning for drives) is not being picked up by Copy+ to select from the Source Drive list

Thanks
Hughsiepops
hughsiepops

Re: Unable to see Sky+ HD via Copy+

Postby pcbbc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I have e-mailed you a few tools that may help.
Looks like your disk is missing either the Master Boot Record (MBR) and partition table, or perhaps the BIOS Parameter Block (BPB), or perhaps both.
These tools should repair those, although of course there may be other problems we don't know about.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support