Copy+ not recognizing NEW recordings from drive

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ not recognizing NEW recordings from drive

Postby Plowman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi there,

I used Copy+ a while back to format a 1TB drive to put into my Sky+HD box, transferring a few recordings from my old Sky+ drive in the process.

I've just connected the drive up to my laptop, and Copy+ recognizes the drive, yet the only recordings it can find on the drive are the original 8 or so that I transferred across when I originally formatted it. I've obviously recorded a fair amount since then, but it's just not showing up. I can't backup anything but those very old recordings (which I already have backed up from before)

It's most perplexing, any one have any ideas what's going on? Cheers.
Plowman

Re: Copy+ not recognizing NEW recordings from drive

Postby pcbbc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Which version of Copy+ are you using? Suggest using the latest Beta version.
There is an issue that there are now two different planner databases maintained by some Sky EPG versions. The old format JOPA and new format JOPA.DB3.

Sky+ boxes with EPG 5.07u maintain both versions so as to be both forward and backwards compatible.
Sky+HD boxes only maintain the old version at present (even though they are on a later EPG version).

When you copied the disk both versions were transferred over, but the Sky+HD box is now only maintaining the OLD version.
However the assumption in Copy+ 1.2.0.5 was to always use JOPA.DB3 (new) over JOPA (old) if both were present.

The latest Beta attempts to use the timestamps on the files to determine which was last updated, then use that.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Plowman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Cheers, I'll try that now.

Just as a side note, I downloaded +Extract to see if it could find the recordings and it did. Not sure if this is significant.

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens...
Plowman

Postby Plowman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:20 pm

It worked!

Thank you so much - you do realise you are a stone-cold genius don't you? If anyone else reading this forum/using Copy+ hasn't donated, shame on you!
Plowman

Postby Plowman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:27 am

Hmm, a new problem - I wiped the HDD because I've been having some problems with playback (freezing during recordings) and generally sluggish response and wanted to see if the issue was down to a faulty drive or somehow the box just not handling very well a drive capacity it was never designed for.

Anyway, I put the clean drive back in the box and now it will not recognise the presence of the drive and has resorted to turning itself off every few minutes. Attempts to perform system resets or planner rebuilds from the installer menu do nothing, literally - the box doesn't power down or change state at all.

I realise this is a software forum but was just wondering what anyone could suggest to help? (I'll also post this is the HDD forum as I've just noticed)

Cheers
Plowman

Postby pcbbc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 am

pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support