File System Write Error - Amstrad 1 tb Sky HD

Any other questions about the software?

File System Write Error - Amstrad 1 tb Sky HD

Postby benj » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Just took delivery of the new 1tb sky hd box (Amstrad DRX 895-C)

Plugged the drive into my P.C to restore my backup from the old sky+ 80g box.

Get this error using copy+ version 1.2.0.5:

Tried with the copy+ beta version 1.2.0.7 and open the backup and it tells me its not U.K version, so been all through the list and it will load if I select N.Z as the country. Loading the image to the drive now using this setting but wondering what impact it is going to have when I plug the box back in and try to watch the recordings on the T.V, bearing in mind im in the U.K and the recordings were from a U.K box e.t.c ??
benj

Re: File System Write Error - Amstrad 1 tb Sky HD

Postby pcbbc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 am

That doesn't sound good. I definitely do not recommend leaving the NZ setting as all the disk offsets for the restored recordings will be wrong from what the box is expecting. This will result in new recordings randomly overwriting old and probably causing box crashes and instability.
I'm wondering what version of Copy+ you created the backup with, and what system it detected the source as. In that case in might explain why the backup now locks like NZ disk.
Please do you have the log files from your original backup - C:\Program Files\Copy+
Please identify the one explicitly generated by your backup before ZIPPING and sending to me. I have PM'ed you an e-mail address.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: File System Write Error - Amstrad 1 tb Sky HD

Postby benj » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 am

pcbbc wrote:That doesn't sound good. I definitely do not recommend leaving the NZ setting as all the disk offsets for the restored recordings will be wrong from what the box is expecting. This will result in new recordings randomly overwriting old and probably causing box crashes and instability.
I'm wondering what version of Copy+ you created the backup with, and what system it detected the source as. In that case in might explain why the backup now locks like NZ disk.
Please do you have the log files from your original backup - C:\Program Files\Copy+
Please identify the one explicitly generated by your backup before ZIPPING and sending to me. I have PM'ed you an e-mail address.

Hey, I used the 1.2.0.5 version as it was only a month ago. I have emailed you the log. Thanks for the help.

Ben.
benj

Return to Copy+ General Support