Sky+ Drive not recognized in Copy+

Any other questions about the software?

Sky+ Drive not recognized in Copy+

Postby rayquayle » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 am

This was are replacement drive in a Pace 3000 (WD2500JB). Copy+ was not used when it was installed a few years ago, it was just inserted and Full System Reset performed. Wanted to copy these recordings to a drive in another Sky+ box (PVR3). No caddies so wanted to write a backup image of the PVR1 drive to later copy to the drive in the new box. Connected the drive to an internal IDE port on an XP machine. Drive is seen through Windows in Disk Management as Healthy/FAT32 and 232.88GB in size and all the files/folders can be seen in Explorer. Copy+ does not see the drive and the log shows "XTV_STR_DSK signature missing". On initial startup of Copy+, XTV Platform had been determined to be USA-DirecTV as the region data was set up as a US machine (I'm American living in the UK). I changed this to UK-Sky+/Sky+HD and rebooted, but same issue. Using Copy+ 1.2.0.5. Can you offer any assistance? Thanks in advance.
rayquayle

Re: Sky+ Drive not recognized in Copy+

Postby pcbbc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 am

Hi, Sorry you are having problems - I'd need to take a look at this disk to see if I can see what is wrong with it.
I will send you the tools and instructions for doing this.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Sky+ Drive not recognized in Copy+

Postby rayquayle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Stuart, thanks for your help. The image is on its way to you.
rayquayle

Return to Copy+ General Support