Invalid XTVFS file system

Any other questions about the software?

Invalid XTVFS file system

Postby bmorden » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Our Sky+ box has had minor intermittent problems in the last few weeks, and dropped out properly last night when it couldn't find the planner, and was stuck on.

I have removed the HDD (160Gb) and my W7 PC can see the disc and it shows as the correct size, and a lot of alphanumeric directories and quite a few files in the root directory are also visible.
I can see the recorded programs in Extract, but in Copy+ I can see the disk, but get the message ' the file system is not a valid XTVFS file system'.

From reading the other postings in this forum this could be a planner/ MBR problem.

Could you please mail me the relevant program to see if we can rescue the recordings.

TIA
bmorden

Re: Invalid XTVFS file system

Postby MrKenT » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:31 am

I've had a very similar problem myself.

The planner just would not open up and the Sky Anytime red button disappeared totally from the menu. Couldn't watch anything that had been recorded
or record anything new either. Tried the usual planner rebuild but no joy, when trying to open the planner the system said that this function was not available
press backup to continue or select to reset the system, tried this a few times but again no joy, so removed the drive (500GB SEAGATE) and hooked it up to
my PC, which is running Windows 7, via a USB caddy.

I was running Copy+ Beta version 1.2.0.6 and the software could see everything from my planner but wouldn't allow me to copy the contents to
my hard disk. I had enough space but the start copy button was greyed out. I checked the Copy+ website for a later version and then installed the
lastest Copy+ Beta version 1.2.0.7, this version however came up with the message 'the file system is not a valid XTVFS file system', and
would not show the contents of the drive even though it was visible in the drop down selection list and also visable to windows. I searched my files for
a previous version of Copy+ just on the off chance that it was something to do with the beta versions I had been using, then installed an older version
that had previously worked for myself (Copy+ version 1.2.0.3). Didn't try the current stable version 1.2.0.5 though.

The older version of Copy+ seemed to do the trick, I was able to see the contents of the planner and then back them up to my PC (Minus the Anytime contents).
I then used Copy+ to copy my XTVFS image file back onto the same drive and put the drive back into my sky box. I then did a planner rebuild, after which
I checked everything was working. All the contents of the planner were visible and watchable, all series links were still in place and the Sky Anytime was back.
The system turns on and off in an instant, and up to now is back to how it should be. Fingers crossed it will be ok from now on.
Last edited by MrKenT on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrKenT

Postby bmorden » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:36 pm

The version of Copy+ you have is not obvious, so following your advice I tried the stable version, and it looks like i had installed the latest beta.
Copy+ now sees the disc and is presently copying it.
I will try a reload and replace it into the Sky box and see what happens.
Thank you for that.
bmorden

Postby MrKenT » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:46 pm

How did you get on? Any joy?
My system still seems to be working fine.
MrKenT

Postby bmorden » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I replaced the disc in the Sky + box and it appears to be fine.
What is worrying is the temporary 80Gb disc I put in developed the same fault.
I think I will keep the image, and if I get another problem consider getting a replacement Sky box from ebay
bmorden

Return to Copy+ General Support