Sky+ HD hangs in Planner - similar to Walterwall's problem

Any other questions about the software?

Sky+ HD hangs in Planner - similar to Walterwall's problem

Postby Pops » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:48 am

Hi,
My Samsung Sky+ HD developed a problem a couple weeks ago very similar to walterwall's... The box works fine until I select "Planner" then it locks up 'til I force a restart at the mains - i.e. unplug it! A planner rebuild doesn't help. I pulled the drive and connected it to my PC and Copy+ sees it as expected - I was able to copy the image then recreate a Sky+ disk - I tried creating a new disk as well as copying the image back to the original disk. Both results in the same issue. I can do a full system reset in the Sky+ box with either disk and everything works fine. I've used +Extract and it also sees either disk or the image files but all the recordings are encrypted so I'm stuck there. I've also tried creating images with only one or 2 recordings - still the same problem of locking up in 'Planner'.

So, I have an image with almost 50 recordings that I can't watch and also have an image that works but with no recordings. What I really need is a method of copying the recorded programmes from one image to another. Is there any hope?

Thanks for this forum and your programme!

Cheers,
Pops
Pops

Re: Sky+ HD hangs in Planner - similar to Walterwall's problem

Postby pcbbc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 am

Pops wrote:So, I have an image with almost 50 recordings that I can't watch and also have an image that works but with no recordings. What I really need is a method of copying the recorded programmes from one image to another. Is there any hope?
Not really, as this problem almost certainly is some kind of issue in one of the Sky databases. As copying recordings from one drive to another would mean copying the databases (or at least the relevant entries) from one disk to the other it would almost certainly transfer the problem. But as I haven't worked out how to successfully do this yet, it's impossible anyway. :oops:

Probably the best option is for you to send me an image of the offending drive, and then I can look and see if any of the databases are corrupt. Sometimes it is possible to copy the non-important databases from a virgin Full System Reset disk, while retaining the ones important to your recordings (OTVERT, JOPA, SETUP, ROOTDIR etc) and this can fix issues if the problem lies in one of the other files. Usually best for me to look at the disk first so I can advise exactly what to replace and what to keep.

Tools and instructions for taking the image sent to your forum registration e-mail.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Sky+ HD hangs in Planner - similar to Walterwall's problem

Postby Pops » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks pcbbc...

I have received your email with instructions - I shall get this out to you today.

Cheers...
Pops

Return to Copy+ General Support