let's all donate for Darwin compatible Copy+

Any other questions about the software?

let's all donate for Darwin compatible Copy+

Postby algernon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Let me start this post by assuring everyone that I, algernon, am a genuine Copy+ end-user and am not in any way associated with pcbbc.

I have a Sky+ HD box with Darwin installed and thus I am affected by the incompatibility issue of Copy+ with Sky's Darwin system.

I believe that if all those who are affected were to make a "Copy+ Software Donation" via Paypal, designating their donation for the programming work required to make Copy+ Darwin compatible, this could represent a considerable incentive for pcbbc to continue/speed up that work.

Donations can be made from the Copy+ website ( http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/about ), using the PayPal system.

Please make sure to click on "Thank you! Give feedback on Copy+" (see pic below) on the PayPal site and write a little note in the pop-up box to indicate the purpose of your donation.
add_comment_here.jpg
add_comment_here.jpg (17.03 KiB) Viewed 9903 times

(This "...give feedback..." link becomes available after you have specified the amount you want to donate, but before final confirmation of your donation.)

Suggest you use a phrase like
from ... to encourage work on Darwin compatible version of Copy+
where ... represents your Copy+ forum user name.

Once you have made your donation, suggest you add a reply to this post indicating that you have done so, including (if you wish) the amount you have donated. This would be a good way to put real weight behind this specific cause.
algernon

Re: let's all donate for Darwin compatible Copy+

Postby algernon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:35 pm

I have just donated £10 to pcbbc to encourage work on a Darwin compatible version of Copy+
algernon

Re: let's all donate for Darwin compatible Copy+

Postby DRY411S » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm

The way I understand it is that the author just cannot find the time to work on this due to it being a 'hobby' project and (s)he has a real full-time job. So I don't believe that money is the driving incentive here, it's finding the TIME.

Having said that, I would donate financially if it would allow pcbbc to find the time (s)he needs.

I'd also be willing to donate some of my personal time to developing/testing a new version as I'm looking for a coding project at the moment, but couldn't take on a rewrite without the original code (and some help).
DRY411S

Return to Copy+ General Support