Upgrade Confusion because of Darwin

Any other questions about the software?

Upgrade Confusion because of Darwin

Postby p.laver » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi guys, I'm totally confused and hope you can ease my confusion/worries about upgrading and Darwin issues with Copy+

I currently have a Thomson Sky HD box that I upgraded the power supply and HDD to 1TB over a year ago. I used Copy+ to transfer over the content from the original hard-drive I wanted to keep to the new 1TB Hard drive with no problems.

I'm now considering upgrading to the new 1.5TB Sky HD box and I've discovered this issue with 'Darwin' and this has confused me and my question is

Can I use Copy+ 1.2.0.6 or 1.2.0.7 versions to transfer the content of my current hard drive in the old Thomson HD box to new 1.5TB Sky HD box. All I intend to do with the new box is connect up, carryout the software update and then 'Pair' the viewing card to make sure everything works before transferring over the content from my old Thomson Harddrive I want to keep.
p.laver

Re: Upgrade Confusion because of Darwin

Postby pcbbc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Please read the Darwin FAQ post in the Copy+ FAQ forum.

Using the current version of Copy+ (1.2.0.8 * ONLY *) - There should be no problems going from a non-Darwin Thomson HD box to a 1.5 disk from a DRX895, regardless of if the destination has Darwin or not.

Not sure why you explicitly ask about 1.2.0.6 or 1.2.0.7 - Please ONLY use the current version. Previous versions have a known issue (overwriting recordings) when used in conjunction with Darwin which are fixed in 1.2.0.8

It is perfectly possible to test the DRX895 using your existing viewing card *without* pairing. I would suggest doing this, then copying all your recordings and finally pairing once everything is tested okay (including transfer).

If you pair first, then you would need to repair if you wanted to go back to using the Thomson if some unforeseen issue should arise. Not impossible to re-pair, but you'd perhaps need to explain to Sky CS why you were swapping back.

Please be aware of limitations of using an unpaired card to test (only record from FTA channels, etc). See the Card Pairing FAQ.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade Confusion because of Darwin

Postby p.laver » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Sorry I miss read the post on the offical response to the SKY HD box.

I read the thread you mentioned, my box doesn't have any reference to the new Anytime++ or network connections or SYSF.

If I'm understanding the thread correctly I can use Copy+ 1.2.0.8 to copy over the content of my old drive on to the new 1.5TB HD Box without any issues, Yes??
p.laver

Return to Copy+ General Support