Darwin EPG Support

Got some nice words to say? Then say them here (although we have the right to quote you on the website, if you do so).

Darwin EPG Support

Postby Rafikibob » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Great great work mate, I've used Copy+ many times for myself and friends/family and it's slick.
I've got a 1TB CE drive here waiting for when Darwin EPG Support comes along (can't afford to lose everything we have, and not enough time to catch up and clear it off), so i'm looking forward to that. I appreciate you have to reverse engineer a new DB format and that makes it tricky to estimate timings so I wish you some lucky breaks. In the meantime, thanks once again for the many times Copy+ has helped me in the past, and i'll just ping off a donation now to help "lubricate" your continued efforts.

Cheers,
Rob
Rafikibob

Re: Darwin EPG Support

Postby pcbbc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks for your donation. :D
Sorry, but still no time scales for Darwin compatibility...
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby smilne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 pm

after waiting what seems like an age before taking the plunge and buying a WD10EADS to upgrade my drive in my Pace box it turns out i have Darwin EPG, any update on when copy+ will be compatible would be great, thanks
smilne

Postby pilotpaul » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Same here, was just about to order my new hard drive only to discover my software had been upgraded to Darwin... The wife has got too much stuff for me wipe it all so any update would be great...
pilotpaul

Postby pcbbc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Sorry, still no time scales for this. :oops:
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby stever » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi,

Any news on getting the Darwin copy + version working?

Steve
stever

Postby fadden » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Wish I'd read about Darwin before splashing out on a new 1Tb HDD and drive caddy.

Any news on when a new version might be available?
fadden

Postby milleniumaire » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:55 pm

CONFUSED!!!!

I decided to upgrade the hard drive in my 2 year old Pace HD box, so did some research and came across this wonderful software call Copy+. Determined that I may have a problem if my box was using the Darwin software so checked my OS, which is R003.047.25.00P and the EPG version is 47.0.16.1. According to information on the Copy+ site, the version number must contain SYSF for it to be Darwin, so I was in the clear. I opened up the Pace box, just to make sure I could, and identified the existing hard drive - a Seagate Pipeline ST310320310CS 320GB, which according to the Seagate website had a 3Gb/s transfer rate and a spin speed of 5900 rpm. I then determined that the best replacement was the Seagate Pipeline ST1000VM002, which is 1TB and has a similar, if not better spec. than the old drive, so there should be no performance issues.

I ordered the drive from Ebuyer at a cost of around £85 (more than I expected, but I get the impression drive manufacturers are milking the market at the moment due to a lack of drives being manufactured).

I already have a couple of drive caddies (Sumvision) so when the new drive arrived I plugged everything in, downloaded Copy+ and started it up. Imagine my surprise when the first thing Copy+ did was refuse to copy the source drive due to it being Darwin!!!!!! I'm now left with an expensive 1TB drive and no way to transfer the hours of recordings on my old drive.

What I'd like to know is why "SYSF" doesn't appear in my version number but it is still classed as Darwin. Is this some mis-information from these forums/Copy+?

I have looked at the possibility of using alternative software to copy from my old drive, but they don't appear to be very reliable.

Any advice on how I can proceed would be gratefully received.
milleniumaire

Postby kos129 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Recent versions of the Darwin software no longer have a version number beginning with SYSF. ALL hd boxes except the Thopson will have the Darwin software (unless they have not been plugged in for a long long time, and even then they would update as soon as they where). Copy+ does not support these devices.
kos129

Postby milleniumaire » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks for confirming that, I wish I had known before my attempt to use Copy+ as I wouldn't have wasted my time with it. I'm not sure what Copy+ is good for these days, but without support for Darwin it seems to be pretty useless.

Having purchased the 1TB hard drive I decided to try ExPVR, which was a success. I now have a working Pace box with a 1TB Seagate Pipeline hard drive.
milleniumaire

Return to Feedback