Copy+ cannot recogniese Foxtel hdd?

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ cannot recogniese Foxtel hdd?

Postby yabbitboy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 am

hi there,

I have a SD foxtel iq box, model "TDS480NF" and I am currently having trouble getting Copy+ to recognise the foxtel video files under the "Planner Window".

This Foxtel IQ unit comes in a 160GB hard drive, the hard drive that comes with the Foxtel unit is a Western Digital model "wd1600avvs" and I was hoping to replace that hard drive with a 1TB Western Digital Hard drive model "WD10EADS".

On the foxtel 160GB hdd, the last time I check, I had used up 79% of the space, leaving about 21% free space.

After taking out the 160GB hard drive I put it in a external hard drive caddy and hooked it up to my computer via USB.

iqhelpme1.jpg
Windows Folder recognise the Foxtel HDD
iqhelpme1.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 324586 times
<<<< See Pic1 , "drive E" is the 160GB Foxtel IQ hdd. When I open the folder, windows can recoginsed the contents on the Foxtel HDD, see pic 2. >>>>>
iqhelpme2.jpg
iqhelpme2.jpg (98.88 KiB) Viewed 324586 times

Then I used "Copy+ version 1.2.0.8". In pic 3, I chose "Australia - Foxtel IQ2" as my XTV Platform, even though I dont have the Foxtel IQ2 [ a High definition box ]. I am using the Foxtel IQ1 which is a standard definition box.
iqhelpme3.jpg
iqhelpme3.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 324586 times

continue next post
Last edited by yabbitboy on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yabbitboy

Re: Copy+ cannot recogniese Foxtel hdd?

Postby yabbitboy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 am

With Pic 4, Under disk management, the foxtel IQ hdd "Drive E" is recognised as Basic.
iqhelpme4.jpg
iqhelpme4.jpg (65.62 KiB) Viewed 324585 times

Pic 5: under "Source Drive" - I choose Drive 1: 160GB WD Ext HDD [ the foxtel IQ hdd ]
iqhelpme5.jpg
iqhelpme5.jpg (29.01 KiB) Viewed 324585 times

Then the scanning begins: The scanning bar appeared for less than 1 minute , but after scanning you see in the follwing pic the window planner is empty >>>>>
iqhelpme7.jpg
iqhelpme7.jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 324585 times

Can someone know why I cannot see anything in the window planner? And should I upload a log file if that help?
Last edited by yabbitboy on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yabbitboy

Postby yabbitboy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Some questions:

from viewing this instruction page here at:
http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/instructions31.php

After completing step 2 leading to step 3's "When you have selected a source drive, the planner window will populate with a list of recordings found on the drive. " How long does it takes for the list of "programs" to populate with the list in the window planner.

I would like to know as this might the cause of my problem as I am new to Copy+ and I had "given up" after 1 minute when scanning tab "disappear" see pic >>>
iqhelpme6.jpg
iqhelpme6.jpg (39.99 KiB) Viewed 324572 times

iqhelpme7.jpg
iqhelpme7.jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 324572 times

After seeing the attached pic finished scanning, "nothing happens": the window planner list is still empty or is it the case where the list is loading?....

My question is does it really takes seconds, minutes or hours for the programs to populate the list in the window planner? I would have thought it would be seconds as that is the time my computer takes to recognize a USB connection see pic >>>
iqhelpme2.jpg
iqhelpme2.jpg (98.88 KiB) Viewed 324572 times
yabbitboy

Postby yabbitboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 am

I tried again, this time I left Copy+ running for 4 hours and nothing happens. I checked the log file throughout the 4 hours and the log file remained unchanged.
yabbitboy

Postby yabbitboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 am

I had some free time on my hands and tried again, this time I downloaded the older version of Copy+ version 1.2.0.3 - when launching the program I selected on the foxtel hdd and got this response "Not a valid XTV file system. Please contact us for support"?
yabbitboy

Postby yabbitboy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 am

I am again using the latest version and might have progress a little, although the planner list remains empty. This time I got the Copy+ to recognise both the "Source Drive" [ the 160gb foxtel hdd ] and "Destination Drive" [ the 1tb blank hdd ].

When I press on the "Copy" button I come across this message over and over again until I hit the "cancel" button - ""Can not determine Endian format, or VC2 incorrect"
"
yabbitboy

Return to Copy+ General Support