Issues after NZ Sky HDi software update?

Any other questions about the software?

Issues after NZ Sky HDi software update?

Postby dansmitherson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi I used Copy+ on my New Zealand SKY HDi Pace box almost a year ago successfully upgrading it to a 1TB Samsung drive. Have been using it without issues. Even recordings came accross fine with your Beta version back then.

However recently at the beginning of July Sky issued some new features to the EPG/ Planner and Guide view. These are detailed here http://www.skytv.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=1356

Since my box has been auto upgraded with these features I have notice since then all my scheduled programs have failed to record. The reason code for failure is:
Failed: Out of Space [4]

Now I know there is plenty of space, should be 40% free. I deleted a whole lot of stored shows and tried to schedule some more programs, they all failed.
I can manually record if the box is set to Automatic management of space. I presume it is deleting something I recorded?
Also now the Planner does not show how much Free Space there is left, it used to prior to the software upgrade.

So has this new software somehow reset the HDi box into thinking it has the original drive in it? Any ideas how I can fix this please?
Some details from the System Details screen are:

Manufacturer: Pace
Hardware ver: TDS850NNZ.45.2
Software ver: 84.2.5.5.8.145
Serial:
Smart card Num:
Operating system version: C021017
EPG Software Ver: U_1.5.2.2

Please help
dansmitherson

Re: Issues after NZ Sky HDi software update?

Postby pcbbc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Unfortunately there a similar post here from another NZ HDi user.
Doesn't look good I am afraid...
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby dansmitherson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Ahh crap party poopers.. What do you think they've done? I still have the original drive with the older software on it.. Is there anything I can send you off this to help you in determining the issue? I wont put this back in as it will get upgraded right?

They should just enable the damn USB/eSATA ports so we can plug in an external drive..
dansmitherson

Postby pcbbc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Well, the first thing to do is probably a full system reset of a larger drive in the box so I can look at it.
This should determine if they are simply formatting the drive to a default size, or formatting to some larger size and simply restricting the user space to the advertised capacity.
But I can't see how we can really overcome either of the above... :S
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby dansmitherson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Ok so first I'll use Copy+ to make a XTV backup file of the Movies/Shows I want to keep to my computer. Then I choose the following from the Installer menu "Full System Reset". WHat does the "New Installation" option do?
Once its is done how will I know what capacity it is?

So how did the original software allow larger drives I would've thought the reset within the box would always format to the default size and that using Copy+ expands that default size upto 1GB?

thanks
dansmitherson

Postby dansmitherson » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:35 am

Ok copying my recordings off now ,, I am however getting the following error on some of them "FAT corruption or cluster cross-linking detected. As a result this recording may be unplayable in whole or part. Attempt recovery of this recordings lost clusters to destination?"

I am choosing yes for the ones I want to keep.

EDIT: Ok copy complete. I powered up the Sky Hdi box with the 1TB drive in it, chose "System reset", the box restarted and now there are no recordings, and it's saying 99% Free.
Connected the drive back to the computer and the partition information is showing it as FAT32, and it has been formatted to the full 1TB capactiy, shown below as d: drive..
Not sure if this is good news or not yet, I will restore my backed up XTV file but that is only about 60GB..

skyhdi.png
skyhdi.png (123.24 KiB) Viewed 43746 times

FURTHER EDIT: Ok Restore of the XTV file is complete, Disk Manager shows partition is 1TB. Now for the Bad News :( Placed drive back into MySky HDi and powered back on. Free space is reported at 66% Free, so definitely its not reporting the correct size, since I only copied over 60GB of content, it should be in the low 90% Free. The planner is also showing everything I had previously as Failed (not backed up), and also maintained my Scheduled season passes.

I have decided to run the "System reset" again, so it will wipe and format to 1TB via the MySky Box. I will have to now record some HD content to to see if the free space is being reported correctly for a 1TB drive or for a 320Gb drive. This will determine if they've introduced a software limit somewhere?
dansmitherson

Postby kwacka » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 am

Sadly, I have the same issues. I have a Seagate ST3750840SCE, 750GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200RPM HDD which worked fantastically well until the "upgrade" of Sky's menus. I still had the original 320gb drive and had saved the original image on my pc without all the recorded programmes. I have tried everything using old images and new and it makes no difference. The sky box sees both drives as the same size. And if you had more than about 180gb of recordings it would not record anything else as it sees the disc as full having occupied about 140gb with the on demand movies. I have wiped the drive and started from scratch but still no joy.

dansmitherson - Then I choose the following from the Installer menu "Full System Reset". How do you get into the installer menu? Thanks
kwacka

Postby zivodevo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

I too have the same issue. I tried a 1TB WD Green drive this evening and although the copy went smoothly with Copy+ version 1.2.0.5, the test recordings still report the same percentages as the original 500Gb Seagate drive so it appears no extra space has been created.

Does anyone know if the NZ MySky HDi boxes will support a drive larger than 500GB?

Manufacturer: Pace
Hardware ver: TDS850NNZ.45.2
Software ver: 84.2.5.5.8.145
Operating system version: C021017
EPG Software Ver: U_1.5.2.2
zivodevo

Postby Alfiegerner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:58 am

Hello folks,

Joined just to ask if anyone has any updates on the situation with the TDS850NNZ mySky unit in NZ?

Reading the above posts, I think the current state of play is that no upgrade of the hard disk is possible on this unit that will lead to having more space available in mySky. Would appreciate if anyone could confirm or deny this.

Cheers.
Alfiegerner

Postby zivodevo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 am

Alfiegerner. Until Sky release new devices and associated firmware that support larger drives I think we're all stuffed. Compared to my Magic TV box with the same size HDD (500GB), the storage on the MySky box is horrendous and I'm hanging out to be able to put in a larger drive. If anyone has the skinny on when new boxes will be ship with 1TB drives, that would be appreciated.
zivodevo

Postby Alfiegerner » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks for letting me know - my hopes are suitably re-arranged :)
Alfiegerner

Postby dansmitherson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Ok highly odd however I suspect a software update in the last day or so has reenabled the rest of the space on the 1GB drive, I left ii my box after using copy+ last year for a year before it was evily disabled by Sky with an box update in Oct.
Few days ago I was showing 25% free and now showing 81% free with the same content still on the drive from few days ago.
dansmitherson

Postby Alfiegerner » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:17 am

dansmitherson wrote:Ok highly odd however I suspect a software update in the last day or so has reenabled the rest of the space on the 1GB drive, I left ii my box after using copy+ last year for a year before it was evily disabled by Sky with an box update in Oct.
Few days ago I was showing 25% free and now showing 81% free with the same content still on the drive from few days ago.

I wonder if this is due to mysky now offering their own increased storage, an extra 5 bucks pcm for mysky +.
Alfiegerner

Postby heyzoos » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 am

On a completely unrelated matter can anyone provide me with a basic image (.xtv) of their MySKY HDi hard drive? I've tried copying mine but their appears to be a problem with the drive.
heyzoos

Postby kwacka » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 pm

dansmitherson wrote:Ok highly odd however I suspect a software update in the last day or so has reenabled the rest of the space on the 1GB drive, I left ii my box after using copy+ last year for a year before it was evily disabled by Sky with an box update in Oct.

Hi there. What is the software version that you now have. I have the same scenario but the drive still only shows the small capacity.

Pace
Software 92.2.5.7.2.145
C021017
Epg U_1.7.1d

Appreciate your feedback Thanks
kwacka

Next

Return to Copy+ General Support