Transfer Darwin Files to another Darwin HD Box?

Any other questions about the software?

Transfer Darwin Files to another Darwin HD Box?

Postby Bainsey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi

Im new to the forums so please go easy if this question has been answered already... :P

I currently have two Sky HD boxes....

1. A brand new Amstrad DX890-R Sky HD Box
2. An older Thomson Sky HD box

I have sucessfully so far upgraded the Amstrad box from a 500Gb HDD to a new 1Tb HDD and have copied across all of my previous programs using Copy+ and the software update method mentioned on these forums. (Thanks for that! :-))

Now the issue I have now is even though my Amstrad box is new, I have recorded about 10-15 programs that I would like to keep on the previously installed 500Gb HDD and since I have moved across my other recordings from my previous Thomson box I was wondering if I could somehow drag and drop the 500Gb programs onto the new 1tb HDD or would this affect what I have on there already?

I hope this makes sense and someone can give me a definitive answer (if possible!) :lol:

Thanks.

Bainsey
Bainsey

Re: Transfer Darwin Files to another Darwin HD Box?

Postby pcbbc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Unfortunately there is no way to merge Sky disks, or ever likely to be. There is a lot more to this than "just copying the recordings from one disk to the other" as you suggest. Sorry.
To achieve this you would also need to merge the Sky databases so that the planner contains a combined version of the planner on both source disks. Manipulation of the Sky planner is outside of our control, and so therefore not possible.
And before you ask, despite its name "Planner Rebuild" does NOT do what is required (it is very badly named in that respect). "Planner Check" would be more appropriate as it can only fix issues with what is already there, not add back in recordings that are missing.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Bainsey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for the response. I kind of figured this would be the answer but I knew this was definitely the place to find out for sure. :-)

Whilst im on the topic, is it possible to transfer the programs to my pc so I can watch them on there instead?
Bainsey

Postby pcbbc » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Bainsey wrote:Whilst im on the topic, is it possible to transfer the programs to my pc so I can watch them on there instead?
Only for free to air channels.
See +Extract also available from my site (although not written by me).
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby Bainsey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks again. I will take a look at that now. :)
Bainsey

Return to Copy+ General Support