XVTFS 1.0.0.1 Warning

Any other questions about the software?

XVTFS 1.0.0.1 Warning

Postby skyboy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi, just tried to run the above on my Seagate ST31000525SV & i get the warning message:-
Recording directory S334 invalid: Invalid Extent File
Only option is to "ok"
Then Error Checking Disk Box:-
Disk does not contain any misaligned pre-Darwin recordings
Only option is to "ok"
From the log:-

Lock drive attempt 1...
Dismount volume...
Dismount successful
Checking read only attribute...
Removing read only attribute...
Volume is Read/Write
Recording directory S334 invalid: Invalid Extent File

What does this all mean?
skyboy

Re: XVTFS 1.0.0.1 Warning

Postby pcbbc » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Most likely S334 was a recording taking place when you pulled the plug. Either Anytime or instant rewind buffer.
As for the "no misaligned recordings" this means your Darwin disk is healthy. Were you expecting some problem?
There are only problems to be corrected if your disk is over 1tb and was formatted with a previous version of Copy+
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby skyboy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:53 pm

There should of been no recording - but maybe an anytime, not sure there, the image was taken from a pre darwin image from a refurb box that i had received from sky in exchange for a broken Thompson box.
I used to have an old Thomson HD box, which i had upgraded with a 750Gb drive using Copy+ many years ago. However at Christmas this box developed the PSU fault & this was replaced for a Nov 2009 Samsung box. I then decided to put my old 750Gb drive back in this & we had 7 days troublefree viewing, until i had a failure of not enough available space for a recording (there was enough) & from there the box became unstable. Following many re-boots & planner rebuilds etc, the software had been upgraded to Darwin with my 750Gb drive in it.

To prove if it was HDD releated, i put a Seagate ST31000525SV 1Tb HDD in & all seemed fine for a few days, but then the problems came! Now, usually every morning the Sky box either has a BSOD, or has gone back to page 998 or when you try to watch something from the planner you get the BSOD, or jutter performance, or freezing or all of them.
This usually results in rebuilds & re-boots until to box is useable again, which normally last for the rest of the day & then the whole performance is repeated again.
On saturday i tried to Live Pause the England Rugby on BBC HD at half time & the playback kept freezing & juttering & eventually i had to power off the box in order to watch the last 10 mins in real time, not happy.

Another time i went to watch something from the planner - BSOD, tried a rebuild & then a power off/on & got no signal on input 1, powered off/on again error 06-6, powered off/on again & everything works again!!

Model SYSF26.59.01
Version 973006.
EPG 40.0.14.8.

I had a response from sky that includes:-
We have investigated and have found that there is a problem with copy+ software which incorrectly calculates the partitioning on the hard disk - this results in severe problems with recording playback and instability of the set top box. These problems have been acknowledged by the author of the copy+ software. Unfortunately Sky cannot take any responsibility for this software or the problems it causes as use of this software and modifying hardware breaches the warranty on the Sky box.

If you have used copy+, a full system reset will generally clear the problems but all recordings will be lost.

I had also been advised that this tool may fix the problem, so i thought that i would give it a go, so i did it this afternoon, i will know by tomorrow if the problems persist!
Thanks
skyboy

Postby pcbbc » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:32 pm

This tool and the problem it corrects is only to be found on disks OVER 1tb. It does NOT effect disks of 1tb or less.

You have some other problem here for which I do not have a solution. It may or may not be Copy+ related, but it certainly isn't the classic Darwin Copy+ incompatibility which Sky are claiming. That only exists on disks over 1tb and the tool would identify this.

Sounds to me more like a basic hard drive incompatibility with the new box - Sorry.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support