Can Copy+ recognize drive contents in Windows?

Any other questions about the software?

Can Copy+ recognize drive contents in Windows?

Postby Plowman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi there,

I am looking to sell a spare Sky+HD stb but currently its HDD has recordings saved on it. My original plan (before I discovered the Darwin problems) was to use Copy+ to make a backup image, then wipe the disk and sell the box.

However, now it is clear that Copy+ cannot recognise Darwin drives (which it is), I cannot do this.

My question is: can I copy the raw contents of the Sky+HD HDD to my laptop HDD in a way that a future Darwin-proof of Copy+ will recognise?

If this is possible, it would resolve my problem as none of the recordings are urgently needed so I could wait for pcbbc to do his outstanding work :D

Thanks.
Plowman

Re: Can Copy+ recognize drive contents in Windows?

Postby pcbbc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry - Currently I do not have a solution for backing up Darwin disks.
Your only option would be to use a disk cloning software and make a copy of the entire partition as a raw disk.

Any cloning software which works at the FAT32 level and attempts to be "clever" by only backing up the clusters in use will fail, because it does not understand the special recording format used.
This will be immediately apparent as the backup will be much smaller when anything other than a trivial number of recordings are present.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ General Support