2TB install???

Any other questions about the software?

2TB install???

Postby nobbynobby » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi all

Ok I have a dx890 machine and I want to put a 2TB (WD) drive into it. I have Darwin software and this has stopped me doing a copy+ install. i have a few questions

Is the new software nearly ready or is it a long way off?? I only ask as I'll wait if it is close. I am happy to do some beta testing if that helps anyone.

Can I put the new drive into the machine and let it do the format itself without losing any disk space??

Can I use copy+ to do the formatting itself although I dont seem to get that option when i use its software and when i use my existing disk i get the "darwin epg on hd boxes" msg. I realise that this appears because of the darwin issue.

Thanks in advance
nobbynobby

Re: 2TB install???

Postby pcbbc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm

nobbynobby wrote:Is the new software nearly ready or is it a long way off?? I only ask as I'll wait if it is close. I am happy to do some beta testing if that helps anyone.
Quite a way off, certainly nowhere near beta testing - Sorry, but thanks for the offer. :oops:

Can I put the new drive into the machine and let it do the format itself without losing any disk space??
Reports are varied on this. I suspect 2TB is too large however...
Try it and see?

Can I use copy+ to do the formatting itself although I dont seem to get that option when i use its software and when i use my existing disk i get the "darwin epg on hd boxes" msg. I realise that this appears because of the darwin issue.
Sorry - There is no format option. Copy+ always requires a donor disk to copy from as it requires the pre-prepared system files to copy over to the new disk. These can not be created from scratch.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: 2TB install???

Postby nobbynobby » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm

pcbbc

Thanks for the reply. I will try sticking it in and see what happens. I will post back all results.

Keep up the good work
nobbynobby

Return to Copy+ General Support