Stripping down a DRX890W

Tips on changing them - what's the easiest way, how to make your fans quiet, etc?

Stripping down a DRX890W

Postby MrAbz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any luck stripping down a 890W, there are 2 silver tabs on the sides which I assume are holding the side on, as would be seen on this stage of the teardown:

1st pic from Amstrad DRX890/895 500GB/1TB Bx Upgrade Guide

I tried pushing them down with a screwdriver, but the sides don't seem to budge - just shy of snapping the tabs off.

So if anyone has an idea, or has already attempted a teardown of the 890W, please could you give me a pointer!

Cheers,
MrAbz

Re: Stripping down a DRX890W

Postby pcbbc » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm

My assumption would be it would have been very much similar to the other 890/5 variants - but obviously not. :oops:
Hopefully someone with some experience of this box will be along shortly. You might also want to look at ExPVR and their forums - not that Copy+ is no longer compatible with the HD boxes.

I have taken the liberty of editing your link for you as you can not do this yourself as a new forum member.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Stripping down a DRX890W

Postby MrAbz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Good shout to check the ExPVR forums!

Will follow [url=/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=86]their guide[/url]

The second picture was what I was referring to. Thanks pcbbc

EDIT: OK after reading the other forum thread, it was just a "sliding latch" tab and not one that "clips" on to the metal casing. Instructions are the same for the standard DRX890 variants, the only thing that threw me off was by looking at the bottom, suggested it was a clip.
MrAbz

Return to General HDD replacement discussion