Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB

Which replacement drives can you use and which do people recommend?

Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB

Postby FishingSteve7070 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi
I have just removed my Seagate Barracuda ES.2 1TB as it is too noisy, lound clonking during disk access. Only installed it 2 weeks ago.
Seagate advised they have no AAM for this disk.

I have installed a Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache - OEM and have set the AAM to QUIET (using ESTOOLS) but since putting the drive in the HD box it is not responding quickly, for example if you stop a play back it may stay on screen for 5-10secs before the picture goes away! Also when recording some have failed!
Could this be the AAM? Is QUIET mode limiting the access speed too much?

Other options are FAST and MEDIUM but after the noise from the Seagate disk I opted for QUIET!!

Any help would be much appreciated

Steve
FishingSteve7070

Re: Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB

Postby pcbbc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Sorry for the delay with the reply - I have been away on holiday.
Only way to know would be to try it I suspect. :oops:

Shame there is no AAM for the Seagate. Did you try a generic tool? For example the IBM/Hitachi feature tool works with all disks (not just IBM/Hitachi ones) that support the AAM standard.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB

Postby FishingSteve7070 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks, I have given up with the Samsung F2 in my Samsung box, the system hangs and resets very often and generally it aint happy.
Have sent the disk back to Ebuyer for a refund and have since fitted a 1TB WD10EVVS and its a much happier system now. Still the odd issue of slow reaction when scrolling through the planner, gets stuck and then catches up after about 5seconds!! Also sometimes the audio continues but screen freezes for about 5seconds on some playback but if you rewind and play again all is fine so not too fussed about that! No more system resets!!!!
Nice quite and cool running 1TB disk that the samsung box seems to tolerate most of the time!

Regards
Steve
FishingSteve7070

Return to HDD Compatibility & Reviews