Copy+ Disk Image for initialising brand new disk?

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ Disk Image for initialising brand new disk?

Postby jeallen01 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Folks

Is the file for a disk image created by Jerome32, or someone else, available anywhere on the website or forum ?

If not, I would be most grateful if someone could send me one attached to a Private Message (if that is possible?).

BTW: I have now managed to get disks working on a DRX890, but located in an external Esata enclosure, so that they can be easily swapped - see here http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-hd-s ... hdd-6.html

Now I need the image in order to initialise a 1TB disk in another enclosure.!

Thanks in advance.
John
jeallen01

Re: Copy+ Disk Image for initialising brand new disk?

Postby jeallen01 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Since no-one has replied to my request for a pre-Darwin disk image for an HD box, please can someone tell me if I can start with the files on the PATA hard disk from my old Sky+ box - which has been stored unused since May when the DRX 890 HD box arrived.

I would be using that connected via an IDE to USB adaptor to one USB port of the laptop, and on another USB port I would connect the brand-new 1TB Sata disk in its own USB enclosure .

I would then initialise the 1TB box, including the correct Little Endian to Big Endian (or vice-versa - I have still to check!) conversion, but then may not transfer any files from one disk to the other. OTOH I might still transfer quite a few of the recorded programmes to the bigger disk as we can then view them on the HD box.

Will the above work?

Thanks in advance.

John
jeallen01

Postby pcbbc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:23 am

sky SD to HD transfers are no longer possible - sorry.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby jeallen01 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks - but does that also means that the transfer won't work with a factory-fresh 1TB disk as the target?
jeallen01

Postby pcbbc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:53 pm

jeallen01 wrote:Thanks - but does that also means that the transfer won't work with a factory-fresh 1TB disk as the target?
Transfer for where?

SD box source to HD box destination - NOT possible (most likely not ever again).
Transfer from Darwin upgrade disk - NOT currently possible.
Transfer from SD box to another SD box - possible (Darwin is for HD boxes ONLY so does not effect SD boxes).
Transfer from no-Darwin HD box to another HD box (with or without Darwin) - possible.

The state of the target in all this is immaterial. What counts is the state of the source disk and what software is on the target box.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby jeallen01 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:27 pm

pcbbc

Many thanks - that clarifies the situation very well.

John
jeallen01

Postby jeallen01 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

In view of pcbbc's reply above, I would like to make another plea for a disk image like that from Jerome32, or from someone else, so that I can initialise a 1TB disk before I attach it to a "Darwin'd" 890.

Thanks in advance

John
jeallen01

Postby geraldjd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Me too please (I think)!

Our Pace HD box has been playing up for just over a year, the picture will freeze when changing channels, tv guide is very slow, and picture stutters/freezes when playing back recordings, in the past I've done a full system reset which has always got it going again.

This time though I thought I'd finally invest in a new drive and bought a Samsung F3 1TB which came today, after an hour or so of taking the box apart and connecting the drive up to my PC I've not got very far as it has the Darwin software on it so spent the last hour or so reading up on it.

As it looks like theres not much that can be done for now, i just wondered, before I do another full system reset on the old drive, is there anything I can do with the new one, even if I can only use part of it for the time being, then I'll reformat to get the full capacity when an updated copy+ is available.

Thanks

Gerald.
geraldjd

Postby scotal » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi, I've got a Pre darwin blank image which i'm happy to pass on however apparently it's for a DRX890 box ...... Does anyone know if this will work on all or would the blank image need to have been created on the same model of HD box?? Cheers.
scotal

Postby huddy1000000 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:37 pm

I have an image for Thomson 8215 which if used as a source disk works perfectly in an Amstrad 890 Box 1TB upgrade. It is 522.002KB so I will need to send it via Pando to you. I am not sure whether we are allowed to share our e-mail addresses or not but if we are let me have yours and I will send the info to you.

Kind Regards.

Mark
huddy1000000

Postby scotal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi, here is a link to a blank pre-Darwin image previously posted by jerome32. I've uses it successfully on a different model box.

http://rapidshare.com/files/426054701/D ... anilla.zip
scotal

Postby jeallen01 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Folks

Having not been on the forum for about 3 months due to other commitments (like a lot of decorating amongst other things!), I would like to apologise for not thanking you all before for the offers/leads on the pre-Darwin image.

At this moment I am trying to download from the Rapidshare site, but it's not happening - probably heavily loaded on a Sunday night and I don't want to pay for some form of subscription that I will rarely (if ever) use again.

All the best.

John
jeallen01

Postby jeallen01 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 pm

huddy1000000 wrote:I have an image for Thomson 8215 which if used as a source disk works perfectly in an Amstrad 890 Box 1TB upgrade. It is 522.002KB so I will need to send it via Pando to you. I am not sure whether we are allowed to share our e-mail addresses or not but if we are let me have yours and I will send the info to you.

Kind Regards.

Mark

Mark

I assume you are the same person who said that you have an image on DigitalSpy - I sent you a PM via that forum on 17th April and gave you my email address in that PM.

Very grateful if you could take a look via that forum.

Thanks in advance.

John
jeallen01

Return to Copy+ General Support