sky+ hdd failure

Any other questions about the software?

sky+ hdd failure

Postby danwillo77 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:49 pm

hi, i upgraded my sky+ in september with a larger 500gb hard drive and have had no problems at all, then this morning i went to watch something i had recorded and as soon as i pressed play on the program the whole sysytem went into standby. i tried turning off for 30 secs and then have also left it for over 30 mins and still not had any luck. i called sky and said what had happened but didnt mention the upgrade, they just told me that because its in standby that i would have to do a full reset, i'd rather not as i have loads of stuff i've got recorded on there. anybody got any other ideas please?

i was thinking that when i swapped hard drives over i used the copy+ program to swap what recorded programs i had on my old hard drive to the new hard drive, so maybe i could do that again and store them on my pc while i wipe the hard drive then put the stuff back on it? dont know if i would get a similar problem down the line tho.

just tried this method and it worked for half the day then when i went to use the rewind button on remote, sky+ box went into shutdown! is this anything to do with the sky update at all?
danwillo77

Return to Copy+ General Support