Massive issues hardware or software?

Any other questions about the software?

Massive issues hardware or software?

Postby foxycce » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:04 am

Ok been on av forums as well as here and had no end of issues,

ok hard drive 1 = Samsung HD753LJ 750GB drive
hard drive number 2 is = maxtor STM31000340as

Ok i have uograded the drive this evening, with a new 750gb drive , i used the copy+ software and all went well however the epg is now painfully slow and it seems as if is slowing down as if its waiing for the drive to catch up, also now buttons are just totally unresponsive from the remote! any ideas?

Ok well planner rebuild did not help, its a samsng box so its all ok with the psu. Anyhow last night i removed the drive put the original 300gb drive back in worked flawlesly,i now have a maxtor branded terabyte drive so will see how that goes today!

afternoon, ok i have the maxtor STM31000340as Drive now it all seems to power up its responsive but now sky hd wont allow me to record also the planner has deleted itself even though i used copy plus grrrr attemting recopy of copy plus now lol

well the samsung drive passed a full smasung ahrd drive test no problem, so not faulty hardware simply a compatibility issue, the maxtor has been low level formatted sith the segate tools disc and now in the process of puting my original copied drive image back on to the newly formated maxtor! time will tell 1 hour and 2 mins to be exact lol

Ok then the maxtor drive powers up and is all good apart from the issue of no recordings all the anytime disapiers and cant pause the tv 1 lat attempt today then i am done!

ok early updat still same problem, all comes on seaches chanel but no anytime and no record or live pause, also tells me to contact ske as there is a prob, now i am putting the terabyte in raw format , ie no data on it and rebuilding see if it throws up erroe then?

ok both hdd all tested no issuses, samsung drive results :

from copy+ of original drive it would load but very slow , recordings where there but remote totally unresponsive ,cant turn box off from remote , also full reset or full rebuild does not work

from virgin drive ie no copy plus same problem if not worse

maxtor drive from virgin it loads starts up but nothing else i can view chanels however no pause, no record or rewind etc, when these buttons are pressed a sky error pops up again full rebuild or reset does nothing

upon placing original drive in its all good agan! everything as it should be

before i hit the bed my last thig is making new clone of original 300gb segate drive and then reload to both samsung and maxtor drives and test again tomorrow will keep you posted grrrrr

so finaly tried the new image on both drives and again same problems , so incompatibility i am putting it down to, any ideas
foxycce

Return to Copy+ General Support