Copying from Amstrad DRX280 to Pace TDS850NB

Any other questions about the software?

Copying from Amstrad DRX280 to Pace TDS850NB

Postby uzziel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi,

As the title suggests, I'm trying to copy exisitng recordings from my Amstrad DRX280 Sky+ box to a second hand Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD box. I've used Copy+ in the past when I've had replacement Sky+ boxes so I'm familiar with the software.

Copy+ seems to make the copy ok, the only warning message I'm getting is about some boxes having problems with partitions over 507GB (I think it was 507, it was 500 and something anyway), but the disk I'm copying to is the 320Gb Seagate that was already in the TDS850. As far as I can tell, the Pace is pre-Darwin, I doesn't meet any of the criteria in this FAQ thread :- http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1057.

When I put the Seagate drive back in the Pace box after the copy, everything boots up ok but there's nothing in the planner - not recorded programs, nor any of the Anytime programs I also copied over (just to see if they would appear). I've done a planner rebuild (a couple of times, just to make sure) but still nothing. I can record a new program on the Pace and view it ok, so I know the Pace box is working ok.

If I understand correctly, both the DRX280 and the TDS850NB are Big Endian, so I've copied my programs over on that basis. If that's ruled out,

Does anyone have any clues? I'd really like to get this swap done as soon as possible, we keep getting audio un-syncs and dropouts on the recordings on the Amstrad, so I kind of guess its on the way out.

Any help would be very appreciated.
uzziel

Re: Copying from Amstrad DRX280 to Pace TDS850NB

Postby kos129 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 am

Unfortunately the Pace box will definitely have the darwin software (unless it has not been connected to a sky disk for over a year and a half). All HD boxes except the Thompson now have the darwin update. There is currently no way to copy from a box with the older software to one with Darwin as this would require a planner conversion which no software can currently provide. Older versions of the sky darwin software where able to convert the format used by the Thompson, but a recent update removed this feature.
kos129

Postby uzziel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 am

Hi kos129, thanks for your reply.

So, this FAQ post which tells you what a post-Darwin box will look like no longer applies? --> http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1057
uzziel

Postby kos129 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

It does for the most part, the version numbers no longer start with sysf however. The rest does still apply (note that you wont see Anytime+ unless you connect your box to your router using an Ethernet connection and enable he feature online). All hd boxes except the Thompson have been updated now though, so there is no need to check really unless the box has not been used for a very long time an has therefore not received any updates.
kos129

Postby uzziel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll stop wasting my time then and start ploughing through all the stuff we've got recorded :shock:
uzziel

Return to Copy+ General Support