Copy+ falsely(?) reports Darwin on older Samsung

Any other questions about the software?

Copy+ falsely(?) reports Darwin on older Samsung

Postby derekhughes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:16 pm

I have been trying to copy from a 1TB disk I upgraded to last year, to a new one after some freezing problems.
Although the Sky system seems not to have Darwin (Software begins with R003 not 'SYSF', so am I right in assuming it is not Darwin?) Copy+ says 'not compatible with Darwin EDG'.
I have never (knowingly!) done a software upgrade, and the upgrade to the present Hard Drive was only about a year ago - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Derek
derekhughes

Re: Copy+ falsely(?) reports Darwin on older Samsung

Postby kos129 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

If you have connected it to the sky dish since last year then it will have darwin. Sky firmware updates are automatic and all HD boxes except the Thompson have been updated to darwin.
kos129

Postby derekhughes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks, that explains - I've found a program which will copy Darwin disks.

Derek
derekhughes

Postby Joey » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:03 pm

derekhughes wrote:Thanks, that explains - I've found a program which will copy Darwin disks.

Derek

Link ?????
Joey

Postby goldfishrock » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Was it ExPVR (sorry can't post a link.... just Google it)? It appears to have a Format & Copy Wizard included and reportedly works with Darwin (The author states it's been extensively tested on Sky+ HD boxes). I would have preferred to use Copy+ to do this however in the absence of a Darwin compatible version, there is little choice but to use ExPVR. I am planning on giving it a go tomorrow so will report back.
goldfishrock

Postby Joey » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

goldfishrock wrote:Was it ExPVR (sorry can't post a link.... just Google it)? It appears to have a Format & Copy Wizard included and reportedly works with Darwin (The author states it's been extensively tested on Sky+ HD boxes). I would have preferred to use Copy+ to do this however in the absence of a Darwin compatible version, there is little choice but to use ExPVR. I am planning on giving it a go tomorrow so will report back.

Used ExPVR at the weekend and it worked perfectly for my Pace HD box, everything copied across without issue. The only problem was creating an image file of the original disk, it kept crashing before it started, turns out there's a bug. You can't just create a new image file, a file must already exist with that name. I just created an empty sky.txt file, loaded up ExPVR again, entered sky as the filename for the image and it worked fine.
Joey

Return to Copy+ General Support