Website doesn't mention problems with HD boxes!

Any other questions about the software?

Website doesn't mention problems with HD boxes!

Postby shade42 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 am

As I understand it, copy+ and +Extract cannot be used on HD boxes, because by now all HD boxes in use will have been upgraded to Darwin.

And yet, the web site still says all is OK!

That's unless you happen to read to the bottom of the 'News Feed' section on the Home page, AND happen to know what 'Darwin' means.

This caught me out, as I dismantled my Amstrad box (which was not easy, and invalidated the warranty) in order to use +Extract, only to find out it wouldn't work.

Thought someone should point this out.

It's not the 1st time I've been surprised by a lack of information on the web site. I once had my Sky hard disk corrupted by connecting it up to a Windows 2000 PC. Several weeks after this problem was known about, there was still no warning to users on the web site.

Anyway, thanks for copy+, I'm grateful and impressed, but surely a lot of other people are going to be caught out in this way due to the lack of information on the site.
shade42

Re: Website doesn't mention problems with HD boxes!

Postby jpmoriarty » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 am

+1 to this. Was quite a shock (and annoyance) to find out only when I tried to get the recordings off my post-Darwin box.

Also is fairly quiet about needing to use a pre-darwin image that you have to upscale to 2TB if you want to use a 2TB disk in the box, otherwise the Sky system will only format it to 1TB.
jpmoriarty

Return to Copy+ General Support