Help with copy and errors

Any other questions about the software?

Help with copy and errors

Postby candell » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 pm

My Sky+ Thomson DCI8210 froze in the planner yesterday, I turned off at the wall for a few minutes and all I got was a flickering red light.

I have taken out the HDD Seagate 180GB, it didn`t show up in copy+ as a source (was in destination) so I ran the FIXSKYMBR from this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=842

The drive now shows up in source, I select it and it goes to scanning recordings then comes up with a new popup message

Not a valid XTV file system for UK - Sky+/Sky+HD!
Have you checked your XTV Platform setting by clicking the top left Copy+ icon in the main window?

I changed the setting to UK - Sky+/Sky+HD which is correct, I restarted copy+ and checked UK is still selected and it is.

Does anyone know what I need to do next?

Thanks

edit: just noticed that the drive is now showing up in the drives list and is full of folders entitled such as 7B9B and then lots of .bd3 files, .dbf, jopa etc. Can I copy these files to my local C then put onto a new HDD and put that into my Sky+ box?

edit edit: trawled through the startup tips on copy+, one of them mentioned about the format of the drive and how windows can read some but not all so you can`t just copy them over, which answers my edit above :) Still got the error message tho if anyone can help with that.
candell

Return to Copy+ General Support