Sky 3D

Any other questions about the software?

Sky 3D

Postby Mikst » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi All,

Newbie here.

I've got a Amstrad DRX890 that is nearly full with Sky 3D content, i have been looking to upgrade the hard drive because Sky 3D takes up a lot of space. I have just bought a Thompson Sky+HD with a 1tb hard drive from eBay and I was wondering if I used copy+ to put my recordings from my Amstrad to the Thompson will the 3D content copy ok?
I also have another problem my pc is an old XP machine with only a 80gb hard drive so would I be able to use a SATA to USB cable on each drive to allow me to copy from one drive to the other? I've seen them on eBay for less than £10.

Thanks, Mick.
Mikst

Re: Sky 3D

Postby MasterYoda » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm sure your 3D programmes would copy fine, and the USB to SATA thing is fine too.

However there's a very good chance your existing box is running Darwin in which case I don't think you'll be able to do the copy process. Suggest you read the FAQs
MasterYoda

Postby Mikst » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Masteryoda,

Thanks for the reply,

I've read through the FAQs and found my DRX890 does have Darwin and the Thompson does not according to the tips how to check it. Have you any suggestions what I can do to save my recordings please? The reasons I bought the Thompson were for the bigger hard drive and also the component out ports to connect to my HD slingbox. Would it be possible just to swap the DRX890 hard drive with the Thompson one and then get Sky to pair my card with that and still access my old recordings? It might be a waste of a 1tb drive though but I can't figure out another way around unless anyone has any other ideas I can try.

Thanks Mick.
Mikst

Postby Joey » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Mikst wrote:Hi Masteryoda,

Thanks for the reply,

I've read through the FAQs and found my DRX890 does have Darwin and the Thompson does not according to the tips how to check it. Have you any suggestions what I can do to save my recordings please? The reasons I bought the Thompson were for the bigger hard drive and also the component out ports to connect to my HD slingbox. Would it be possible just to swap the DRX890 hard drive with the Thompson one and then get Sky to pair my card with that and still access my old recordings? It might be a waste of a 1tb drive though but I can't figure out another way around unless anyone has any other ideas I can try.

Thanks Mick.

There's no way to get your recordings onto the thompson box until copy+ supports darwin. I've a 1tb Seagate drive sitting in a drawer waiting for that day !!
Joey

Return to Copy+ General Support