Strange problem.....!

Any other questions about the software?

Strange problem.....!

Postby minimarvel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Made a backup of a 320GB drive from a thomson box big endian and the copied all programs onto a new 1TB drive and refitted into a different, but identical Thomson box.

All appeared fine when accessing the planner. All recordings showing the same as they were before both those viewed and not, however when trying to play any of them a blue screen appeared showing "end of recording" or sometimes "start of recording" and the press backup to continue.No recording would play.

New test recordings work without a hitch, and even show on the planner together with the ones that won't play.

Any ideas?
minimarvel

Re: Strange problem.....!

Postby pcbbc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 pm

New or different viewing card? Or same card that was used to make the recordings in the first place on the old box?
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby minimarvel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am

Good question!
Original viewing card from box a. Never paired card with box b as happy with free channels. This box had a power supply prob so swapped to box b. Box b developed a hard drive problem, so swapped back to now repaired box a, still with original drive. Made new recording on box a which also had recording still present from before ps probs, going back 18 months. All worked fine for last 6 months except if I ever recorded something from a sky channel when I would get the recording interrupted error forcing me to cycle power on box!

Decided therefore to replace faulty drive in box b with new 1TB drive, replace Power supply caps(just in case!) and copy all recordings from box a onto box b now fitted with new 1tb drive installed using copy+

I do hope this makes some sense...;)
minimarvel

Postby minimarvel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 am

Forgot to add, card was paired with box b when first using this box, but not paired with box a again during the last 6 months of use, this card now in box b is correctly paired with this box.

Have tried to swap back to box a again with all the recording still on that drive and all works well.
All new recordings on box b also working well.

I'm getting confused just typing it so hope it all makes sense....very grateful for any hints or tips though..
minimarvel

Postby pcbbc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

Yep, you have me totally confused as well.

If the card was not paired to the box at time of making the recording from a pay channel you will get recording interrupted on playback. There is nothing you can do to resolve this. Card must have been paired at time of making recordings for pay channels.

The only exception is free to air channels which can be recorded and played back no problems with any subscription card (paired or unpaired, original or different).

Card Pairing FAQ.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby minimarvel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

In simple terms, programs recorded were all freeview channels. This is not the problem....it's something else for sure.

Was hoping somebody else had seen this problem before. Going to now try and backup the drive directly onto the new drive without creating an image on the computer.....

Will report back....
minimarvel

Return to Copy+ General Support