FAQs: Sky+ Hard Drive Questions

Precisely that. FAQs, hints and tips to help you out. This is a closed forum.

FAQs: Sky+ Hard Drive Questions

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Why isn't my drive working now I've returned it to my Sky+ box?

Probably you have forgotten to set the drive jumper back to cable select. Also check the cables and power connector to the drive as you would do in a PC.

How do I perform a Planner Rebuild?

A planner rebuild will check your disk for errors and recover lost space. It should not delete any recordings or planner entries.

Access the hidden Installers' Menu by pressing the following buttons on your remote: Services, 4, 0 1, Select.

Now select Planner Rebuild from the menu.

How do I perform a Full System Reset?

A full system reset will format your hard drive and erase all recordings or planner entries.

Access the hidden Installers' Menu by pressing the following buttons on your remote: Services, 4, 0 1, Select.

Now select Full System Reset from the menu.

If you can not get the box to boot to the Installers' Menu, you can try the following sequence to perform the Full System Reset:

Turn the Sky box off at the wall
Press and hold the LEFT and RIGHT keys on the front of the box whilst reapplying the power
Wait for the Sky ring to light on the front of the box before releasing LEFT and RIGHT
Press the SELECT key to start the Full System Reset
While the Sky box quick formats the HDD the ring will circle backwards
Once complete, the green PLAY light will illuminate to indicate success, or the red RECORD light to indicate failure
The box will go to standby when complete - Wait 5 minutes and turn on normally with the front panel or remote

Nothing seems to happen when I try to access the Installer Menu. What am I doing wrong?

There is no option 0 displayed under Services 4 - What am I doing wrong?

You probably aren't following the key sequence correctly. The Installers' Menu is a hidden menu, it does not appear on the screen until you have completed the key sequence in its entirety.

Make sure you press each of the buttons, Services, 4, 0 1, Select in order and the menu will appear.

I've copied my drive. Do I still need to do a Full System Reset on return to Sky+?

NO! - A full system reset will completely erase you drive and all the recordings you have just copied across!

Just install the drive and use it normally. However we would recommend a Planner Rebuild the first time you insert a freshly copied drive in your Sky+ box.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Copy+ FAQs, Hints & Tips