disk full problem

Anything not covered by any other section of the forum.

disk full problem

Postby jmpearson303 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:04 am

I used copy + to copy from from old sky plus box to a new hd box with 500gb and everything was fine. I have just bought a 1gb drive and am trying to copy the original hd disk to an image on a western digital mybook with 1.5tb of free space but keep getting the message disk full. Do I need your new alpha version? Thanks
jmpearson303

Re: disk full problem

Postby pcbbc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 am

Yes, there was a bug prior to the beta 1.2.0.7:
Fix bug with disk free space calculation for little endian disks introduced in 1.2.0.6 Beta.
However please be aware there are serious problems with the new HD box software at the moment.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby jmpearson303 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for your reply. The disk on my original sky plus box was little endian, but the HD box disk that I now trying to take the image of is big endian. I copied the original disk back in May this year using the then current version of copy plus. What should I do now and what are the sky HD problems you mentioned?
jmpearson303

Postby pcbbc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 am

jmpearson303 wrote:Thanks for your reply. The disk on my original sky plus box was little endian, but the HD box disk that I now trying to take the image of is big endian. I copied the original disk back in May this year using the then current version of copy plus.
Suggest you try the Alpha anyway - it may be fixed.

What should I do now and what are the sky HD problems you mentioned?
To do with the new Anytime+ EPG. Currently Copy+ can not copy recordings made with it.
Even if you do not have this EPG currently, when it is deployed to your box all your old recordings made prior to the update risk being corrupted. Not sure if this is a generic Sky+ bug which may also effect non-Copy+ed disks yet.
Also you will get hit by this problem eventaully anyway (even if you don't copy your disk now) as you have used Copy+ in the past (or if it turns out to be a generic Sky+ bug).

Forum thread.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Postby jmpearson303 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 am

My EPG version is sky+9.10.13a. Is this the latest?
Also, does the problem only occur if you go into anytime and press record to put the program into the planner? If I do not do this or have deleted any programs out of the planner that we have set up this way will I avoid the possible corruption.
As a bit of novice to all this one last question, if I just put my new 1tb disk into the sky box will it get set up as 250gb for anytime and 750 gb for my programs or is there a way to do this with copyplus? I realise I will lose all my recorded programs this way.

thanks again
jmpearson303

Postby pcbbc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:00 am

jmpearson303 wrote:My EPG version is sky+9.10.13a. Is this the latest?
To be honest I don't know.

Also, does the problem only occur if you go into anytime and press record to put the program into the planner? If I do not do this or have deleted any programs out of the planner that we have set up this way will I avoid the possible corruption.
Problems are unrelated to Anytime and how you use it.
It's just the Anytime+ enabling software that causes the bug.

As a bit of novice to all this one last question, if I just put my new 1tb disk into the sky box will it get set up as 250gb for anytime and 750 gb for my programs or is there a way to do this with copyplus? I realise I will lose all my recorded programs this way.
Setup and Anytime quota allocation is automatic by the box software. No need to change anything, allocate space yourself or do anything else special in Copy+.
pcbbc
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else