Amstrad DRX780 HDD Upgrade

Need a guide to upgrading your box? Want to document your upgrade? - This is the forum for you!

Amstrad DRX780 HDD Upgrade

Postby Interstice » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi,
In pulled my 780 apart today to remove the 320 HDD and fit a new 1TB Hitachi purely to increase the recording capacity. I connected the 320 to use copy+ to lift the original content to an image file (which would then be written to the new Hitachi HDD. However copy+ tells me that it does not support the Darwin EPG. I suspect somebody out there has a workaround for this or must I wait for copy+ to overcome this? I don't want to lose the original disk content (wife would kill me).
I also noticed the pus looks a little heat stressed so am considering replacing all of the capacitors therein, I cannot find a kit of capacitors. Does anyone have a list of these or know of a kit supplier?
Many thanks
Interstice

Re: Amstrad DRX780 HDD Upgrade

Postby Interstice » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Just found expvr and have bought it and downloaded it. Giving it a try so will let you know the outcome
Interstice

Postby nin73 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Is it not possible to downgrade the box to factory settings before the darwin upgrade?

Has anyone tried this?
nin73

Postby kos129 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 pm

There is unfortunately no way to downgrade the software on a sky box, restoring factory settings (system restore) just formats the hard disk (which only contains recordings, not the software which is store on a flash chip).
kos129

Return to Box Upgrade Guides