FAT corruption error

Having problems with +Extract? Ask in here

FAT corruption error

Postby ajc1230 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 pm

I have pulled a 160gb hdd from my sky plus box, put it inside a usb 3.5 ide enclosure and connected it to my toshiba laptop running windows xp. I have downloaded copy plus 1.2.0.8 and connected my hard drive to my laptop.

It does show all my recordings and it says 90gb which would be about right but Im getting this error message...

FAT corruption or cluster cross-linking detected. As a result this recording may be unplayable in whole or part. Attempt recovery of this recordings lost clusters to destination…?

Also when I select the output destination as my toshiba laptop it says it will save as an xtv image file. If I do get that far with an xtv image file that has all my recordings. How do I turn this file into individual avi/xvid files of all my recordings....
ajc1230

Re: FAT corruption error

Postby pcbbc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

You seem to be confused as to what Copy+ is for: Copy+ is for copying your recordings from one Sky box hard drive to another.
It can NOT extract recordings for playing on your PC. For that you require +Extract (not my software and it is no longer supported by the author).
Also not that Copy+ is only compatible with non-Darwin legacy platforms (basically Sky+ SD boxes). It will NOT work on or to transfer to the Sky+ HD platform anymore.
For HD boxes only use ExPVR (Google it).
pcbbc
Site Admin

Re: FAT corruption error

Postby ajc1230 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me..
ajc1230

Return to +Extract General Support