Amstrad DRX280 to new 1TB HD Box

Having problems with +Extract? Ask in here

Amstrad DRX280 to new 1TB HD Box

Postby Mattcleeds » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 am

Having ordered an upgrade to the new 1TB HD Box I hadn't considered how I was going to transfer all my recordings From my Amstrad DRX280 to the new box. Having read a fair few threads on here I suspect I'm going to be out of luck, but please can someone confirm if my suspitions that my recording will be incompatible are correct or not?

Thanks,
Matt
Mattcleeds

Re: Amstrad DRX280 to new 1TB HD Box

Postby Mattcleeds » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 am

My 1TB box has arrived. Please can someone let me know if I was right?

Thanks,
Matt
Mattcleeds

Postby kos129 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 pm

It is unfortunately not currently possible to copy between Sky+ and Darwin Sky+ HD devices as they have differing planner formats and there is no software available yet to convert between the two (there used to be a way to do it, using the Thompson box as an intermediate, but that no longer works). This may be possible in the future however.
kos129

Postby Mattcleeds » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 pm

kos129 wrote:It is unfortunately not currently possible to copy between Sky+ and Darwin Sky+ HD devices as they have differing planner formats and there is no software available yet to convert between the two (there used to be a way to do it, using the Thompson box as an intermediate, but that no longer works). This may be possible in the future however.

As I thought, thanks for confirming kos129
Mattcleeds

Return to +Extract General Support